Pinterest didn’t start out as a marketing mecca, but it has certainly moved in that direction. As product teams discover that their clients are doing their marketing for them via the internet, the opportunities to leverage Pinterest will grow even greater.
What’s a Pinterest Board?
You can think of a board like a tack board that you might hang up on the wall. It’s a place to put all of your amazing finds, so you can easily track them down again. You can make as many boards as you want – you might have one for fashion, one for movies, and one for travel. You can have boards that are shared and boards that are public. For marketing purposes, you want your patrons to pin your products to their boards.
Why Do I Need A Pinterest Board?
You want your products to be easy for your customers to find and pin. Make a Pinterest board for your company, and make it public by following these easy steps:
- When you sign up for Pinterest, make sure you create a business account so you get access to all the best features.
- Go to your profile page (by clicking the button with your username in the top right) and click the Create a Board button.
- The pop up box that appears asks for a name for the board (use your company’s name, or the name of the product line you’re going to feature on this board). Give your board a description (use your meta keywords) and a category to make it easier to find.
- At the bottom there’s an area where you can specify who can create pins. This is a great way to get your co-workers and marketing team involved.
- Now that you have your board created, you just have to add some pins! You can do this by going to your board, and clicking Add Pin.